Curry is probably one of my favourite cozy winter dishes. I love how crazy flavourful this recipe is but also how ridiculously easy it is to whip up on the fly! Loaded with healthy hydrating fats like coconut, infused with anti-inflammatory spices like turmeric, and paired with a fibre dense protein source like chickpeas this meal is the ultimate powerhouse!
Looking for sustainable energy, better digestion and an explosion of flavour???…
This recipe is meant for you!!!
1 Pot – Chickpea Coconut Curry
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, minced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- small handful snow peas (tails cut off, cut in half)
- 4-5 crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1 – 15oz can or 1.5 cups chickpeas BPA free (rinsed, drained)
- 1/2 bottle of jeera cumin or curry sauce ( Umi’s Kitchen or Maya Kaimal brand)
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cans coconut cream
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- sea salt & pepper to taste (I fine extra salt helps to develop the flavours more)
- fresh cilantro (for garnish)
- In a large pot saute onions in coconut oil over medium-low heat until translucent
- Add carrots and cook for 1-2 mins
- Add mushrooms, broccoli, snow peas, and peppers cook for 3-4 mins
- Add coconut cream, chickpeas, curry coconut or jeera cumin sauce, turmeric powder, curry powder, paprika powder, garlic, sea salt and pepper
- Simmer on low until vegetables are tender and flavours are fully developed
- Serve with basmati rice and garnish with cilantro
- If you don’t have curry sauce on hand or you can’t find the brands I recommended you can just omit it and add extra spices.
- I also love to top my curry bowl with some sprouted organic tofu bites: pan fried in coconut oil on low drizzled with some soy-free Naked Coconuts Cocominos (you can find this in the health food aisle of most grocery stores)
If you try this recipe…
Leave a comment below and let me know what you think!