Comfort food at it’s finest…
This recipe turned out so creamy and delicious I promise you would never believe it’s gluten free and dairy free!
Creamy Chicken Alfredo
- 1/2 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 mushrooms, diced
- 1 large handful fresh spinach
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 large zucchini, spiralized (or gluten free pasta of choice)
- 2 cups creamy cashew sauce
- Optional Toppings: 1/4 nutritional yeast
- Heat avocado oil in a large pan over medium heat until melted. Add onion and let cook until translucent, then add mushrooms and garlic.
- Once veggies are tender add chicken and fresh spinach and let cook until spinach has cooked down and softened.
- Add creamy cashew sauce and reduce temperature to low. If sauce starts sticking to the pan, add 1/4 water to thin out.
- Turn stove off and add zucchini noodles into the pan. Stir well to combine and allow the heat of the pan to gently soften the noodles (be careful not to over cook as thy will get soggy)
- Add pasta into serving bowls and top with a sprinkle of nutritional yeast and sea salt
If you try this recipe
Leave a comment below and let me know what you think!