I little mid-week mocktail coming at you!
I used to struggle for years with drinking in social gatherings solely to appease other people. I’d find myself feeling insecure drinking water at a party because I thought people would label me as a “party popper”.
It took me a long time to get to place where I could feel confident respecting my body’s needs and not forcing myself to do something if I didn’t want to do it.
Some people might call it “sober curious”, I call it intuitive living. Since making the decision to stop labelling myself as one restrictive thing, I now feel free to eat and drink what I want when I want. It’s truly so freeing to actually listen to my body and not care what other people think.
If you don’t feel like drinking alcohol and are looking for some non-alcoholic beverage inspiration this refreshing kombucha mocktail might be just what you’re looking for…
Berry Mint Kombucha Mocktail
- 2-3 ice cubes
- ¼ frozen berries (blueberries, blackberries, or raspberries)
- a few fresh mint leaves (plus more for garnishing)
- ⅔ cup kombucha (use any flavour you like)
- ⅓ cup soda water
- Add frozen berries and mint into a tall glass and muddle with a spoon to soften up a little.
- Add ice and top with kombucha and soda.
- Option to garnish with mint leaves and enjoy immediately.